Students are introduced to a new topic on a weekly basis
and are required to write essays during the semester and sit
for an exam at the end of the subject. Topics are predetermined
and presented in a sequential weekly tutorial format. Students
attend weekly tutorials and they conduct activities in tutorials
to build on the content presented in the subject web site.
Resources provided to students include:
- A subject web site that serves as the repository for
all necessary information about the subject.
- Library reading resources.
- Reference materials provided in the tutorials.
- A computer-assisted instruction program.
Students are supported by:
- Tutors in tutorials.
- The web site that allows students to be kept informed
about the subject schedule.
- Online communication tools that allow students to interact
with other students and provide up-to-date notices.
The content introduced in the subject is then assessed in
a final exam.